"they say the owl was a baker's daughter. lord, we know what we are, but know not what we may be." (Hamlet, Act IV, Scene 5)


Subscribe in a reader

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Because You Can't Make It Up (2) June 8, 2012

I had to leave some great quotes on the cutting room floor this week. I'm trying to keep the list to a maximum of ten, all of which were overhead, spoken directly to me, or arrived in conversation via text, email, or Facebook. They're all real. Did YOU -- or someone you know -- make the list?


1. "We want to show you something we've been working really hard on for the past three weeks. We're really psyched about it. Here, take a look. What do you think?"

"Oh, you'll have to explain it to me. What is it?"

"Um, it's a bingo board."


2. "The zombie apocalypse? Ha ha ha."


3. "Liam, I'll worry about cleaning up this room while you worry about cleaning up your act."


5. "Why aren't you texting me back? Are you asleep?"


6. "And a little later, we'll do a propane torch demonstration."


7. "This is what happens when you do it wrong; bad things, not good things."


8. "I trusted you because you're foxy."


9. "They're just going to collapse under the vast weight of the future anyway."


10. "I'm sorry. Her hair is simply beyond."

"One word. Sideburns."

"I know. Aren't the called lambchops?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers