"they say the owl was a baker's daughter. lord, we know what we are, but know not what we may be." (Hamlet, Act IV, Scene 5)


Subscribe in a reader

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Behind the Barn


Whoever invented January should be taken out and shot behind the barn. The only two good things that have happened in the history of January are that my mom and my sister-in-law were born. Well, my friend Hanan and my friend Andrea's husband, Derek were born too. Other than that, January comes up pretty short.



When I haven't been busy freezing, slipping on the ice, or fumbling around in the dark (because daylight is so scarce this month), I have been teaching a lot and preparing for a very exciting move. That's keeping us all pretty busy. Anyone who knows me, knows that I like nothing better than a big project to keep my gears grinding at a breakneck pace at all hours of the day. In fact, just the other morning at 0200, I figured out exactly where I am going to hang all of my framed photos in my new house (c'mon you know, my new house ... the one I haven't bought yet). My poor husband. He keeps saying "Just relax, don't get all keyed up." And I keep looking with at him with intense curiosity and wondering if he has ever met me before.



I would be remiss and negligent if I didn't mention one really exciting thing that happened in January 2010. My baby brother, Scott, was accepted to the United States Army Warrant Officer Flight Training program. Then, he stupified all of the Munroes, and got engaged a week later. Last time I checked, he was riding a tricycle and eating Zwieback. I guess I need to stay more involved. The good news is, I really like his fiancee, so I'll forgive him for growing up without notifying me in advance.




Duke and the boys started cleaning the garage to get ready for the move. Liam announced: "Wow, Duke, you have a LOT of tools!" to which Eamon replied

"Of course he does Liam! You can't be a MAN without tools."

You heard it here first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers